06-07-2011 17:27 GMT
As for the software there are also some details that have come out that we can list as well.
- Live Arena (what the XMB has been replaced by)
- location software called Near (unknown if location is obtained by wifi, 3g, or unannounced gps)
- chat room called Party (Cross game chat!)
- cross platform support with the PS3 (games such as Wipeout HD Fury, LBP2, & Ruin)
- cloud saving (shown with Ruin)
- in-game camera can rotate using gyrosensors
- control inputs can combine normal buttons with the back trackpad, as well as the front touch screen
- still got us a Browser
- Trophy support!
- PSN messaging support!
- backwards compatible with PSP downloads!!!
However, there are many unknown things such as how deep the PSP compatibility will be ... if it will accept Game Saves, if there will be Game Sharing, if infrastructure games will still work properly, etc...
There is also nothing so far about how upgraded the Browser will be ... if it can play YouTube, advanced Flash, HTML 5, etc...
And then there are the other PSP functions that have yet to be talked about for the Vita ... including stuff like Skype (read more), Internet Radio, RSS Channels, Location Free, etc...
For more information visit the official PS Vita FAQ.
This post was edited by Jesse (06-21-2011 14:32 GMT, 702 days ago)
This topic is locked, new posts are not allowed.